Friday, December 29, 2000

Rewind 2000
These are the most enjoyable tracks I've listened to this year. Enjoyable meaning it sounds good or better after repeated listening. There are probably loads of other songs which are equally great but unfortunately has not crossed my path. Hope that those songs will be listed in Rewind 2001.

All songs are in no particular favorites order.

Tosca - Suzuki
I loved all the tracks in this album but especially this one, the second track. After this track, every track that follows blend to each other. Very smooooth. A great CD for cruising along the PIE. And because I bought it at Borders for $25 instead of $33 at HMV. And because I paid using vouchers which was given by my girlfriend. Thank you Hot Saucy.

Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions
One of the best albums since Massive Attack Blue Lines. A great CD to pop into the car while cruising to nowhere along the highway late into the night.

Thievery Corporation - Illumination
Punchy bass and beats that makes me wanna do aerobics (man, what a sight that will be!) IF they play this kind of tunes. This one taken from their latest album, The Mirror Conspiracy.

Terranova - Plastic Stress
The coolest thing about Plastic Stress is the juxtaposition sound of race cars and the deep, head nodding bass. Original without electronica written all over it.

Terranova - Midnight Melodic (Chase The Blues)
"Nothing to do today, nothing I want to do, anyway" croons the female singer in Midnight Melodic. Her voice, sad and yearning, and oh so beautiful .

Talvin Singh - Traveller (Kid Loco Remix)
An endearing mix of tabla, violins and Indian vibes. The music and title complement each other. I imagined a loved one, faraway, studying or working abroad and playing this song to him/her.

Brad Mehldau - Exit Music
Brad Mehldau - Songs

There was a period of time, on Sunday nights, I will listen to this two tunes. Both songs makes my coffee tastes even better. Although he is a classically trained pianist, he sports a tattoo. Thanks Alf for the tip.

St Germain - Rose Rouge
“I want you to get together.” a Tracy Chapmansesque voice sings amid jazzy drums and horns. A great song to open an equally great album.

Dusty Springfield - The Look Of Love
This has got to be my perennial favourite. I heard Suzanna Hoffs version’s of this song. It’s nothing compared to the original. Suzanna Hoffs must die for covering Dusty's song. Dusty sings with passion and it shows with every word she coos. A great song to dance and mumble sweet nothings to that special someone.

Dusty Springfield - Spooky
Heard this track from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels movie. It’s a cheery number that will ease and please. I sang this song with great gusto at a karaoke studio, until the owner paid me to shut up and leave. =) Hey it was'nt THAT bad.

Paul Oakenfold - Helicopter Song
A friend coined it. I don't know the name of the track but it can be found on his Travelling album, but the best moment was dancing to it at Zouk while DJ Pipin was hitting the decks.

Dido - My Life
If my religion allows, I will play this at my funeral. Sob sob.

I got some more songs lined up. I just need to rummage through my CD's, which currently is in a sorry state. Till later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home