Thursday, December 22, 2005

BateTime Stories Top 10 tunes, 2005
And in no particular order, here's my list.
Hung Up Madonna
With an infectious tune backed by a super polished production, this Madonna song had me looping it in the office the whole day. But my colleagues will deny that; they say not only I have looped it to death; I even hummed the blardy tune. What they don't know is how I danced on my table ala the barmaids in Coyote Ugly.
Day Is Done Brad Mehldau Trio
Brad Mehldau and gang delivers with each album release. WIth a piano,double bass and drums, they make some of the finest jazz music around.
Somersault Zero 7
I play Zero 7 whenever it rains; makes rain more charming. Sia Furler voice floats in my head minutes after the song ends.
Only This Moment Röyksopp
The vocals. That woman's voice. It's hypnotic, sexy, mysterious and full of melancholy. The word Röyksopp literally means smoke mushroom. It is the Norwegian name for the Lycoperdale genus in the fungus kingdom, a type of mushroom that will make a smoky cloud if touched (how did they go to that route when coming up with a name? Just brilliant). Ever since I've heard their debut album, I was hooked by their music. And yes, I bought their CD the moment it hit the stores.
Things Behind The Sun Brad Mehldau
This song by Nick Drake was covered perfectly by Brad Mehldau when he played solo in Japan. One of the music that made me play air piano on the train.
Emotion 98.3 with Fernando Martinez Vice City Soundtrack
"More mood swings than your pregnant wife...Emotion 98.3" was how this brilliant compilation of 80's music sees itself. Nicely said.
Go With The Flow Queen Of The Stone Age
The contrast of Dave Grohl frantic drumming and Josh Homme laid back vocal supported by a brilliant music video by Shynola made this track outstanding. Rock on! YEAAHHHH!

I am stuck now. So many songs; and the new Stereo MC's album is super nice. Will finalise on more songs soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home