Sunday, December 31, 2000

Rewind 2000
Thought of watching The Exorcist at 4 am just now, but I backed out coz it was raining accompanied by claps of thunder and lightning. It will really add to the atmosphere of the movie, but nay, I'll pass. I watched Reservoir Dogs instead.

I'll finish with the Rewind 2000. These are the songs which I think are honorary mention. And as always in no particular order.

Erykah Badu with Stephen Marley - In Love With You.
The sweetest love song I've heard so far.

Craig Armstrong - Let's Go Out Tonight
Featuring the vocals of Paul Buchanan, this is the epitome of a male vocalist singing with all out emotion. A sad song, but it puts my life in perspective.

I think I'll stop here. I could go on and on and it will make all the listed songs less special. Here's looking for ward to more great tunes in the year 2001, the real millennium. And talking about millenniums, people are really dumb rite? All the hoohah about Y2k making system analysts look like Merlin and all for nothing. It looks like a big scam with the software corporations raking in the money. I was stopped by Channel News Asia crew in Raffles Place last year asking my opinion abt the Y2k bug. I said, as if I am a general leading an army to victory, "It's nothing. Nothing will happen on 1st Jan 2000. I will still keep all my cash (not a lot really) in the bank."
"Well, er, thank you." The interviewer replied. My speech was sadly edited. Those morons. I could save the world a lot of cash!

Just got an SMS. My friend is a proud father !!! Congrats Azrain! Though if Mary can wait for a while, you two could be famous.
Here's wishing the world a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home